The second day of the 1st MTG BARATO Open is officially finished.
Despite the awesome prizes for this tournament, an incredibly low amount of players showed for the Vintage event. Only 43 players came but the organizer (Filippo Lietti, aka TroppoRicco) in the end decided to keep the prize structure so people would enjoy their time. Thank you Filippo for making such an amazing eternal weekend and despite the low turn out still keep the prizes!
The 8 best players from the swiss were:
- Oscar Canedo 16 points (MUD)
- Subirana, Roger 14 (UW Fish
- Fernandez Martin, Cesar 13 (Solution)
- Relat Goberna, Ferran 13 (UGR Fish)
- Morla, Tomas 13 (MUD)
- Ragull, Guillem 13 (Repeal Tendrils)
- Rodea, Guillermo 13 (Mana Ichorid)
- Aldo Fernandez 13 points (Mana Ichorid)
- Oscar Canedo (MUD) VS Aldo Fernández (Mana Ichorid) 2-0
- Ferrán Relat (UGR Fish) VS Tomás Morla (MUD) 2-0
- Guillem Ragull (Repeal Tendrils) VS César Fernández (Solution) 2-1
- Guillermo Rodea (Mana Ichorid) VS Roger Subirana (UW Fish) 2-0
- Oscar Canedo (MUD) VS Ferrán Relat (UGR Fish) 0-2
- Guillem Ragull (Repeal Tendrils) VS Guillermo Rodea (Mana Ichorid) 0-2
Ferrán Relat (UGR Fish) VS Guillermo Rodea (Mana Ichorid) 1-2
Congratulations for Guillermo Rodea for winning the 1st Vintage MTG BARATO Open and to the rest of the top8 players. Special mention to my friend Guillem Ragull who top8ed in both Legacy and Vintage events!
The top8 decks are VERY REPRESENTATIVE of what’s vintage now. 2 Dredge, 2 MUD, 2 FISH, 1 Storm Combo and 1 Solution deck. Guillem’s deck is viable due to the high amount of basic lands he has and the awesome game plan that Empty the Warrens provides. César’s deck has an insane amount of good cards that are focused against the current metagame and proved again to work as intended.
There were few other representative decks types like Oath or Goblins. The big loser of this tournament is Vault/Key. 0 (zero) top8 players managed to go through this Null Rod battlefield and Ichorid fest.
I’d like to make some pros and cons about the tournament:
- To Filippo, who organized everything in such a marvelous way. The place where the tournament was held was extremely nice, clean, etc… and despite the quality downgrade on the power 9 pieces, he kept the whole prize structure.
- To everyone that came to Valencia this weekend to play Eternal.
- To the italian mafia! See you in Milan soon!
- Where the hell was the people on Sunday?
Tomorrow you’ll be able to find the decklists for the Legacy and, if not very tired, the Vintage tournaments. The videos will be released as soon as possible. I’ve recorded LOTS of videos, but I’m going to need a fastest way to edit them. I can’t spend 2h/video if I wanna post the 30-40 videos that I might have recorded. I don’t have that much free time right now.
Thanks for reading!