We are happy to announce the sixth annual Eternal Central Old School 93-94 tournament at Eternal Weekend, a charity Old School Magic 93-94 event in Pittsburgh (PA), on Sunday November 3, 2019 at 10:45am.
Tournament Entry and Rules
The sixth annual Eternal Central Old School 93-94 tournament at Eternal Weekend will be held on Sunday November 3, 2019.
– Tournament start time is 10:45am (venue opens at 10:15am; please arrive on time between 10:15-10:30am to check in, sign prizes, submit your deck photos, and get started promptly at 10:45am).
– Tournament structure and length will be SWISS PLUS 1. This event will be capped at 200 players, which normally calls for 8 rounds, so this will be 8+1 (a total of 9) total 50 minute rounds of Swiss. If there are less than 129 players this will drop a round to 8 total rounds. There will be no match draws allowed, and at the end of 50 minutes if there is a tied match both players will do a sudden death Chaos Orb flipping contest (complete details in our Old School 93-94 rules here). Play a fun deck, imbibe, and have a blast with friends new and old!
– The tournament will observe the EC Banned and Restricted List found in the rules on the EC Old School 93-94 rules page here. This page always has a complete list of deck construction rules, sets allowed, errata, and the most up to date Banned and Restricted List.
Decklists, Pairings, and Social Media
– Decklists are required for this event, and by decklists we mean a clear photo of your deck + sideboard. Please send all decklist photos to email@example.com BEFORE the event begins.
– Pairings will be posted before every round online here: https://eternalcentral.com/pairings
– The suggested hashtag on Twitter and Instagram for this event will be #ECOldSchool2019, so please use that when snapping pics and updates from the event.
– Prizes will be awarded by Eternal Central, and will be Old School cards in flavor and nature. As usual, this is a tournament for fun, and not ‘EV,’ and these will not pay off your monthly bills.
– Tournament prizes will be continue to evolve, and we will be awarding fewer prizes for tournament finish, and more prizes for Most Creative Decks and the like. The Most Creative Deck category will focus on players who focus on the fun and creative aspects of deckbuilding.
– Our very generous friends in Italy at the Fishliver Oil Cup are once again offering the highest placing finisher of the Swiss+1 rounds of this event an invite, along with a 500 EURO travel credit for the 2020 Fishliver Oil Cup.
– There will be a number of special prizes for Most Creative Decks again this year. If you wish to donate cards or other unique prizes to the prize pool, please contact us ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tournament Site Logistics and Preregistration (Required)
– Like in past years, this is not an event hosted by Card Titan or Wizards of the Coast, but rather a standalone player-driven event sponsored and supported by Eternal Central. Official Eternal Weekend 2019 festivities are being held at the David Lawrence Convention Center, and while this event is not affiliated with that in any way, we always encourage you to support Card Titan and all of the vendors throughout the weekend (ours is, as always, an unsanctioned event that will function casually offsite, and will not have any vendors). The venue for this year’s EC Old School event is only .7 miles away from the David A. Lawrence Convention Center (about a 10-15 minute walk, directly across the river):
Elks Lodge 339
400 Cedar Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
We have ample space reserved for players by renting out the Allegheny Room at the Elks Lodge in downtown Pittsburgh (PA). This storied local chapter of the Elks has been around since 1896, and has continued to provide help and community services to the local populace for 100+ years. The Elks Lodge 339 venue serves a variety of extremely affordable liquor and beer, as well as small food specials. THE VENUE IS CASH ONLY (there is an ATM on site, but better to prepare ahead of time). Outside alcohol is not allowed. Please be respectful of the venue, the cards, and the people around you, or you will be asked to leave (and unwelcome at future events). Old School is predicated on treating others with respect, and enjoying the people you play with.
– Entry fee will be a non-refundable $25 this year, to cover the cost of venue and supplies, and with all proceeds donated to one or more charities, as in years past. One such charity we are targeting is PAWS Chicago, a 501(c)3 charity focused on implementing solutions to end the killing of homeless pets and create a No Kill Chicago. The charities of choice may change before the date of event, but will be locked in and recorded here soon.
– This tournament is a private event for participants 21+ years of age, but you must pre-register to get your ticket here. This year’s event will have a hard cap of 200 players, so if you plan to attend, please get pre-registered ASAP to reserve your spot, as this will likely sell out quickly.