We are happy to announce the fifth annual Eternal Central Old School 93-94 tournament at Eternal Weekend, a charity Old School Magic 93-94 event in Pittsburgh (PA), on Sunday, November 4 2018 at 10:45am.
Tournament Entry and Rules
The fifth annual Eternal Central Old School 93-94 tournament at Eternal Weekend will be held on Sunday, November 4 2018.
– Tournament start time is 10:45am (venue opens at 10am; please arrive on time between 10-10:30am to sign prizes, submit your deck photos, and get started promptly at 10:45am).
– Tournament structure and length will be SWISS PLUS 1. This event will be capped at 200 players, which normally calls for 8 rounds, so this will be 8+1 (a total of 9) total 50 minute rounds of Swiss. If there are less than 129 players this will drop a round to 8 total rounds. There will be no draws allowed, and at the end of 50 minutes if there is a tied match both players will do a sudden death Chaos Orb flipping contest (complete details in our Old School 93-94 rules here). Play a fun deck, imbibe, and have a blast with friends new and old!
– The tournament will observe the EC Banned and Restricted List found in the rules on the EC Old School 93-94 rules page here. This page always has a complete list of deck construction rules, sets allowed, errata, and the most up to date Banned and Restricted List.
Decklists, Pairings, and Social Media
– Decklists are required for this event, and by decklists we mean a clear photo of your deck + sideboard. Please send all decklist photos to email@example.com BEFORE the event begins.
– Pairings will be posted before every round online here: http://www.eternalcentral.com/pairings
– The suggested hashtag on Twitter and Instagram for this event will be #ECOldSchool2018, so please use that when snapping pics and updates from the event.
– Prizes will be awarded by Lords of the Pit and Eternal Central, and will be Old School cards in flavor and nature. As usual, this is a tournament for fun, and not ‘EV,’ and these will not pay off your monthly bills.
– Tournament prizes will be continue to evolve, and we will be awarding fewer prizes for tournament finish, and more prizes for Most Creative Decks and the like. The Most Creative Deck category will focus on players who focus on the fun and creative aspects of deckbuilding.
– Our very generous friends in Italy at the Fishliver Oil Cup are once again offering the highest placing finisher of the Swiss+1 rounds of this event a $500 travel credit, and 3 nights in a local Italian hotel for the 2019 Fishliver Oil Cup.
– Matt Dennis and Springfield (MO) area’s Underworld Dreamers have once again donated a ridiculously awesome hand made Chaos Orb deck box trophy, which will once again serve as the prize for Most Creative Deck this year. Feast your eyes on this beauty.
Tournament Site Logistics & Preregistration (Required)
– Like in past years, this is not an event hosted by Card Titan or Wizards of the Coast, but rather a standalone event sponsored and supported by Eternal Central. Official Eternal Weekend 2018 festivities are being held at the David Lawrence Convention Center, and this event is not affiliated with that in any way. We encourage you to support Card Titan and all of the vendors throughout the weekend, but to be clear, our event is a player-run unsanctioned one that will function casually offsite, as it has in years past. The venue for this year’s EC Old School event is only .7 miles away from the David A. Lawrence Convention Center (about a 10-15 minute walk, directly across the river):
Elks Lodge 339
400 Cedar Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
We have ample space reserved for players by renting out the Allegheny Room at the Elks Lodge in downtown Pittsburgh (PA). This storied local chapter of the Elks has been around since 1896, and has continued to provide help and community services to the local populace for 100+ years. The Elks Lodge 339 venue serves a variety of extremely affordable liquor and beer, as well as small weekly food specials. THE VENUE IS CASH ONLY. They will also allow outside food to be brought in for this event, if you prefer to arrange delivery from a local restaurant. Outside alcohol is not allowed. Please be respectful of the venue, the cards, and the people around you, or you will be asked to leave (and unwelcome at future events). Old School is predicated on treating others with respect, and enjoying the people you play with.
– Entry fee will be a non-refundable $25 this year, to cover the cost of venue and supplies, and with all proceeds donated to After School Matters, a non-profit organization that provides life-changing after-school and summer program opportunities to more than 15,000 Chicago high school teens each year.
– This tournament is a private event for participants 21+ years of age, but you must register to get your ticket here. This year’s event will have a hard cap of 200 players, so if you plan to attend, please get pre-registered ASAP to reserve your spot.